FINALLY AN AFO FOR ME!
So I went to the Abilities Expo in Houston today for the first time. (I have spastic hemophilia cerebral palsy for those who don’t know) I have been looking for something to fight the fact that I run holes through shoes so bad, and I finally found something to combat it!
This is a Foot Lift. it is used to stop foot drop. Something I did not even realize I had until the vendor told me what it was. I tried it on and it COMPLETELY changed the way I walk. I did not drag my foot at all, and my stride was more complete. I will be getting one on my next paycheck and will post pics and vids!
Their website is http://kx2devices.com/
They run $160. Not including shipping. I get to pick mine up because they are local and I get to still take advantage of the Expo price! So excited!!!
Sharing some good news
Tomorrow I begin training to become the next associate manager at my Build a Bear Workshop! I’m so excited!
where-the-old-gods-sleep asked: Post 10 random facts about yourself and then send this to 10 of your followers! :)
- I have cerebral palsy in my left side
- I work at Build a Bear Workshop
- I collect garden gnomes, elephants, nesting dolls and buddhas.
- Folk Metal is my favorite
- I’m polyamorous
- I have three tattoos
- Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein is my fave book
- I play Magic the Gathering and Dungeons and Dragons Online, I used to play WoW
- I always have two electronic devices with me, my cell phone and my tablet.
- I’m Pagan.
I feel left out because it seems all my coworkers hang out with each other but never invite me… and if I do say something about it they say next time… and it never happens.